Dear Beloved Orthodontic Family,
We hope this update finds you and your family in good health. Our world has been through a lot over the last few months! In a safe, appropriate and gradual manner, we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety!
Infection control has always been a top priority as you have already observed during your visits to our offices. Our infection control processes are designed such that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to inform you about the infection control protocols we follow in our practices to keep patients and staff safe and healthy.
Our offices follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies closely so that we are up-to-date on any new guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes were implemented to help protect our patients and staff.
- Your temperature will be taken with a ‘no touch’ thermometer to ensure that no one with a fever enters our offices.You will be asked a few screening questions regarding your health prior to your appointment.
- To expedite your visit, please click and print the two COVID-19 supplemental forms below. Bring these signed completed forms to your next appointment.
- Please wear a mask. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- Please brush/floss PRIOR to your appointment (at home) as our tooth-brushing stations will have limited access.
- Our reception area will no longer offer coffee, snacks, or magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. If possible, we ask that only the patient enter the reception area/office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. As much as we are able to, we will extend office hours and add additional Saturday appointments to ensure that our patients are seen in a timely manner.
- We will do our best to allow for greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the measures we are taking to keep everyone safe in our practices.
Thank you so much for being a part of our orthodontic family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our offices. We will all get through this together!
For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organization website.